Writing and Editing | Graphic Design | Photography | Video Production | Brand/Staff/Project Management | Strategic Planning | Advanced Adobe Suite Skills | Communication Strategy
2016 MS, Arts Admin., Media Management, UO School of Allied Arts & Architecture
2016 Masters Certificate, New Media and Culture, University of Oregon
2002 BA, Video Production, University of Oregon School of Journalism and Communications
University of Oregon School of Music and Dance
Communications Editor, August 2012 to present
Managed all marketing, communication, branding, social media, video production, and web content creation for multi-million-dollar educational institution. Managed student staff members and assisted faculty in managing their marketing budgets; led multi-area teams to support marketing, recruitment, and development strategies. Lent technical assistance and guidance to faculty and staff. Wrote and edited press releases, annual reports, magazine articles, web content, and collateral. Served as the in-house photographer, videographer, and photo editor.
- Served as the web content strategist, and managed a 1,000-page school site; led developer, designer, and content experts in successful redesign and rebranding of the site in 2013.
- Produced multiple promotional videos that increased social media attention 80% compared to static posts.
- Led the creation of a highly successful dance recruitment campaign #ducksfly to increase enrollment in our undergraduate program by 15%.
- Created a strategic recruitment plan connecting our summer jazz and band camps with our hosting duties for the Oregon Music Educator Assoc. conference, thus attracting the top high school musicians to our summer programs.
- Oversaw strategic media planning, press outreach, development and recruitment events, and all written, social media, and multimedia communication pieces.
- Elevated the voices of the million-dollar fundraising campaign, and engineered rapid response efforts to defend the campaign’s goals and objectives.
- Managed the campaign’s online and social media presence, prepped speakers for campaign events, and assisted a development team of two staff. Reaching our goal in less than two years.
- Took 90% of the school’s publicity and promotional photos, and shot and edited video.
- Increased donations and attendance by effectively communicating with target audiences, primarily prospective students, alumni, potential donors, and community members.
- Managed multiple projects with competing, often tight, deadlines and multiple “bosses”.
- Developed marketing and communications strategies, with performance metrics, and used dynamic pricing to increase public participation and ticket sales for the ChamberMusic@Beall series and the In Beall with Brahms series increasing by 20%.
- Managed and supervised the student designer and student free-lance workers.
- Designed and wrote ads and was responsible for all print and broadcast ad buys.
Salem Multicultural Institute & World Beat Festival
Program Coordinator, April 2008 to August 2012
Managed all marketing, communication, branding, social media, and web content creation. Managed volunteer staff that varied from 12 core volunteers to 250 seasonal volunteers. Lent technical assistance and guidance to volunteer staff. Wrote and edited press releases, annual reports, newsletter articles, web content, and gallery content. Served as the in-house photographer and graphic designer.
- Collaborated with freelance writers, photographers, graphic designers, and technical consultants on a variety of exhibits and marketing pieces.
- Oversaw the 2008 Salem Multicultural Institute rebrand.
- Managed multiple projects with competing, often tight, deadlines and multiple stakeholders.
- Was highly organized and able to make decisive, confident decisions, often on the fly.
- Used advanced project management skills to plan and install gallery exhibits and manage festival vendors, and dragon boat team practices and competitions.
- Worked under pressure to meet deadlines while juggling multiple priorities and opinions.
- Worked effectively and collaboratively within a team environment with multiple community and governmental stakeholders.
- Wrote and edited gallery text content condensed from many sources and standardize into a cohesive voice and style.
- Increased gallery visitorship by 18%.
- Created exhibits that garnered praise in the local press, and attracted high-end donors.
- Worked with government officials and senior leaders of large organizations like Salem Hospital and the City of Salem.
- Managed marketing and communications, brand, publications, advertising, social media, strategic communications, and website design.
- Served as the in house graphic designer and photographer for digital and print materials.
Polk County Itemizer–Observer
Staff Reporter and Photographer, June 2004 to April 2008
- Won the 2008 Best Feature Story from the Oregon Newspaper Publishers Assoc.
- Reported on County and City governments, wrote lifestyle feature stories
- Photographed sporting, community, and art events
- Generated one-third of the newspaper content a week
Side Projects and Coursework of Note
- Took classes in Arts Administration, Marketing and Management, Museum Studies, Financial Management, Program Management and Cultural Policy, 2013-16
- Conducted my research on mass digitization projects at large museums and created guidelines for smaller organizations to take advantage of digital publishing platforms, 2013-16
- Designed All Aboard! (Oregon Black Pioneers Exhibit at Oregon Historical Society), 2012
- Designed Perseverance (Oregon Black Pioneers Exhibit at Oregon Historical Society), 2011